21 July 2007

Last night was really Harry ...

Of course I'm referring to Harry Potter. I had reserved my copy of the final book back in April (I know, nerd!) and went to pick it up last night at the Borders in town. Katie and I went around 11:15 p.m. to get in line for the midnight release. Having experienced two other HP parties at the Polaris Barnes and Noble, I was expecting games, handouts, etc. ... none really to speak of! How sad. Also I have to give B&N credit for letting us pre-paid and giving out numbered bracelets for standing in line ... not here! The queue wound around the store, up and down stairs, in and out of the dvds, circling the travel section, and finally back to the registers where we had to pay. I got the book around 1 a.m. and finally made it back to the house around 2, when I started reading until about 4 a.m., woke up around 10 a.m. and finished the book around 2 p.m.

So? Is it worth a read? Definitely!

No comments: