14 July 2007

Heard from outside my bedroom window ....

The race announcer's call of the July horse races at the Knavesmire track. It's a two day event, but in the mid-afternoon of typing my dissertation, this is what I heard, in addition to cheering. I guess the bets are going well today. Yesterday everyone coming from the course was soggy from the rain and drunk ... maybe not such a good day. Of course, I'm sure they are still drunk today.

Last night as a needed distraction, Katie and I went to see Harry Potter. Not too bad as a stand alone film, but as an adaption they did several silly things that they could have left in from the book. Oh well - we were just happy to have reserved seats in the side rows that only have two seats (i.e. no children front or behind). Lots of kids in the theater but not a lot of noise, has to say something about the movie! Now we are on hold until midnight 20 July, when I pick up my copy of the last HP book from Borders in town!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I liked HP5, but since I really didn't like the book, I didn't mind that they cut most of it :P