29 November 2006

Thanksgiving, the British Way

Last night we finally had Thanksgiving - all my fault we didn't have it last week as I had school. Oh well. Six Americans and one Brit ended up having the following (I feel the weight gain as I am listing):
  • Turkey (a very nice 10 lb. or 5.6 kg version) and gravy
  • Stuffing
  • Mashed potatoes and sweet potato souffle
  • Green bean casserole
  • Creamed corn
  • Raspberry salad (thanks mom for the recipe)
  • Cranberry orange relish
  • Rum cream pie
  • Pumpkin pie with a kick (Katie's version with whisky)
  • Pumpkin pie (my traditional one)

Oh so good!

In other news, tomorrow is St. Andrew's Day. Although I won't be in Scotland to celebrate - apparently the Scots are making a cake replica of the Stone of Destiny. Mmmm ... rock cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rum cream pie--now that sounds tasty indeed! Please oh please can you send me the recipe?
Happy Turkey Day to all you crazy Americans!