24 November 2006

Post Grad Revolt and Ferrets

The Plum & Jello is reporting from Edinburgh, Scotland this week. Needless to say, I have been very busy with five days of school and three papers due in the next two weeks. Ah, the student life.

Here is a slight recap of what has happened since the last post:
  • The Buckeyes won - woo! Championship here we come!
  • The Brits love candy buckeyes (or conkers).
  • The train is the best sleeping pill ever (Jeff, take note!).
  • Grad students have power! After the worst Research Methods course I have ever seen, we are leading a charge to get the course removed. Besides PR students, the rest of the class is Public Health (who, I'm sure need to know about the epistemology and ontology of research. I however, do not.). We were granted the extension today, and now there is a hearing into the class! Yay!
  • Media in Britain is the best course - topics this week: pirate radio and newspaper spin. Fantastic.
  • When you load your backpack with 10 library books and there are 60+ mph winds, you are going to get blown over.
  • The fervor of Scottish rugby (playing the land of OZ tomorrow!) is nowhere near Buckeye madness - we are crazy!
  • The Brits are extremely interested in Thanksgiving. Their belief is that it is like Christmas and we get gifts. Ha.
  • I am having a British Thanksgiving on Tuesday (look for pictures next week).

Whew - that was a lot and I'm sure I missed something. I get back on the train to York tomorrow. Another good 2+ hours of sleep ahead.

In other news, I spotted this headline on the cover of Country Life magazine: "Ferrets: Better than playing Playstation." Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Thanks for the update! Very interesting...especially the part about the bookbag and 60 MPH winds. Good to know. Glad to hear things are going well.

I had to tell you, I thought of you last night when Tony and I were watching one of my favorite movies of all time, "Love Actually." (Hopefully you've seen it.) Since it takes place in London around Christmas time, I couldn't help but wonder how the holiday preparations truly are over there. (A lobster in a Nativity play?) I doubt it's as insane there as it is here with shoppers waiting in line all night outside of Best Buy for Play Station 3 and plasma TVs and then beating the crap out of each other when the doors open.

Anyway, just curious. I'm sure you'll let us all know what British traditions you'll be celebrating this holiday season. Can't wait to hear about it!