06 December 2006

Graves, Papers, and Witches

Well I am finally back in York after five days of traveling. Last Friday, I went up with Katie to help her find watch houses, dead houses, and mort safes in 35 cemetaries in Aberdeenshire. I have never been that far up north in Scotland - it is beautiful ... and last weekend, v. windy! Photos are posted in Yahoo!. In the photos you'll find photos of our car (which included a fun driving experience for me!), Katie's friend Claire's two dogs, Ginny and Rosie, and the Aberdeenshire countryside.

Monday was an extra study session for the postgraduate paper revolt, previously posted below. Turns out we have power and have been granted an extension, yet to be determined, but looks like the end of January. Woo!


After returning to York, yesterday I got back on the train and headed south to London for Wicked ... take two. The sole reason for returning was to see Idina Menzel as the wicked witch of the west (out sick last month). Thankfully she was in last night - her performance was incredible and definitely worth the train ride down and back in one day (and a train full of Arsenal-hooligans on the last train out of London at 11:30 p.m. ... scary!). I am so glad I got to see her - finally! I tried to see her when she was on Broadway, but she feel through a trap door and cracked her rib ... third times a charm.


Two papers to finish before the trans-Atlantic flight next Wednesday. Back to American soil for a month and the holiday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am very sad that the weekend you guys came up was the absolute worst possible one for me :( The worst bit is that the concert ended up being cancelled because an audience member died in the hall a few minutes before it was due to begin! Guess I'll see you in January and both of you in February.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest little Nissan I've ever seen! Can't wait to see you :)