31 October 2006

Spooky Pumpkins & Apples

Halloween came early to Sutherland St. when Aleks and Steve came over for dinner and pumpkin carving. After dinner treat was toffee-dipped apples and chocolate sprinkles from the kitchen. Photos are posted to the Halloween folder in Yahoo! photos.

In other news, it is still warm! Fifty degree temperature with no rain. And only a few trees have changed. I think the leaves from just decide one day to fall off and then it becomes winter. Strange to think that we are warmer than Ohio - ha ha ha!

To see how Britons actually feel about Halloween, check out this New York Times article (Trick or Treat? For Many Britons, the Reply Is Neither). I think we might have trick-or-treaters tonight - not sure what they will be saying/doing ...

1 comment:

Mrpockets said...

Lisa,

I've been following your journey for a few days now and it sounds like your are all settled in.

I'm surprized to hear that the weather isn't colder. It's been 80 plus degrees here in sunny Southern Calif.


I bet you miss your moms making of her famous rock candy I know I do.

Justed wanted to say hello and keep the pics coming.

Uncle David