04 November 2006

Buckeye Conspiracy

Now that the college football season is 3/4 over, I officially vent my internet radio issues. Apparently the radio-nistas at 97.1 and 1460 ("The Fan," who does not want me to be "a fan") will not let you download the commentating. If you try to download the internet radio on each site, 97.1 doesn't broadcast the game online (silly!) and 1460 will not let you listen overseas unless you in the military and have a special code. Grrr!

I realize that OSU has to make money (but geez - the football team alone as a $35 million surplus), but all I want to do is listen to the game ... and The Game on Nov. 18.

For the season, I am forced to watch little red lines go back and forth on ESPN Gametracker and their tiny video re-caps. They are slowing forcing me to become a football (that's soccer for you U.S.ers) fan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All part of the consequences of your decision to abandon us during grid-iron season. Isn't there an OSU alumni club in the UK? Instead of complaining, you need to be part of the solution! Jeff

Anonymous said...

This broadcasting conspiracy works both ways, you know. BBC radio was webcasting world cup coverage, but only within the UK. Those of us in Bloomington desperately trying to watch the games while working on research were thwarted many times by the Beeb. Curses to them all!