29 October 2006

British Saturday

A review of yesterday's events. Katie, Leslie, and I made the trip down to IKEA in Leeds (ok, so they aren't British, but it happened here!) to buy a new couch and things for the house. I have never been to an IKEA - what an experience. Photos of the new couch and all the stuff we bought (including fitting all of it into our very tiny car) are posted to Yahoo!.

Also, we went to a fancy dress party (i.e. for Americans, costume) for Halloween. In the next week or so, we are having a historical fancy dress party at our house, for which I have brought over my Regency dress for. However, for this party, we got silly one night and came up with Lady Temperance Barnsworth (or Lady T.B. - har har har). Pictures are posted to Yahoo! of my Edwardian lady with comsumption (or TB!).

Next weekend - Guy Fawkes Day on Sunday. Bonfire and firework pictures to follow.

No comments: