24 October 2006

A Bit Bummed ....

Today I'm a little bummed. Although I just finished my first paper (1,500 word minimum - my total, 1,560) chalk full of communication theory and life is going pretty well over here ... I just found out that I cannot complete my job placement (required for my master's program) at my old job.

After I read the email confirming that, it made me re-realize how much I'm risking being here. Yes, in the long run it is the best thing I could have done and yes, getting my master's degree is something that I've wanted to do for a long time ... but I had to give up so much to get here: work, home, friends, and family.

I'm not sure what will happen in the future - all I can do is live day to day, complete my reading and homework, and enjoy England. But a little bit of me, still misses my other life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can t always control what other people do, so you may have to make it happen. The important thing is that you believe in yourself and your your ability to do just that, that s why you take risk. Value others for there help, but make your own path. Dad

Anonymous said...

Don't look back. You have so much in front of you! 4252

Anonymous said...

And remember that all of us over on this side of the pond have wanted to you to follow your hear to the UK for quite some time. And now we just have to make some plans to visit.
Hugs!!!