20 September 2006

The True Postgraduate

Today I truely feel like a postgraduate. I made the train ride up from York this morning to Edinburgh to visit school for the first time since June. I have since made my way to the library and am currently researching. Such a different lifestyle from last week (but can you really compare cocaine seizures and pursuits to scholarly study ... I think not).

My first class is next Tuesday and I am incredibly nervous. I haven't done this in six years, boy am I old.

In other news, Scotland today is extremely blustery. A large gale almost swept me off my feet while walking to university (leave it up to wind, not a kilted man to do that!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your reference to such a different lifestyle. I have only gotten a couple hours of sleep two days in a row due to FOT and a late OVI arrest (a .310 tester by the way).

If I see any kilted men...I'll send them your way.

Anonymous said...

Ah, scholarly pursuits. Now you can join the rest of us in the never-ending piles of reading and work to be done that might, someday, result in a piece of paper saying you know more. Isn't graduate school fun?

Miss you lots over here but will be heading to England in Dec. Will let you know when the dates are settled (yes, coming with my sexy Mancunian man--meeting his family and all).

Hugs!!