19 September 2006

Welcome to York!

Well I am finally here after a hard goodbye on Friday at work, the OSU-Cincinnati game on Saturday (I'm not sure which team showed up during the first half, but it was NOT OSU!), and packing up my condo/and airport on Sunday. I got an upgrade to first class on my Philadelphia-Manchester flight and flew in style and was able to actually get some sleep.

York is just as it was in June. I had a surprise of reading material from the school when I arrived, the last piece of information I needed to start my graduate studies (I was actually doing homework on the flight over!!) I am hoping to make it up to the school this week to settle my financial aid situation before going up to Scotland on Sunday for school next week.

On the job front, there might be a marketing position part-time at the museum Katie works for. If that were to happen, every one living the house would also be working at the same spot! Also, I am following up with the North Yorkshire Police Department for a public affairs spot and also thinking about the York Tourism Board. For anyone who knows me knows that most of the time I've giving people directions or recommendations ... I should at least get paid for it!

No comments: