24 September 2006

One Week ... Already?

Has it already been one week? As my first week comes to a close and I get ready to move up north to Scotland for the week (I would have left today, but it seems that the rail authority was going to do track work from Newcastle to Edinburgh ... which means no trains this weekend or next! Ick!), I pause to reflect on this past week.

* British TV is extremely funny and tends to show early 90s shows as new. Hmmm....
* Katie can make no ingredients in the house into an amazing dinner. I swear there was nothing in that cupboard.
* Yorkshire Food Festival was this weekend and there was an amazing array of meats, cheeses, wines, candies, etc. from all over Yorkshire and Europe. V. good!
* I have a lot of British words to learn. There is a show on BBC2 called Flog It!, which apparently means to take something to auction. Who knew!
* I have already become the tour guide. Yesterday no less than five people asked me for directions (four of those being British people). Scarily, I also knew where they needed to go!
* I have been sleep deprived. It feels so good to catch up on lost sleep!
* Choral Evensong at York Minster is just as beautiful as I remembered.

Next week should be interesting - I will be living at Lissa's in Cupar and school starts Tuesday (a 9a to 9p day - urgh!). I will be back in York on Monday, Oct. 3.

P.S. I had Gametracker on ESPN on last night to watch OSU's less than stellar-but thank goodness for the fourth quarter effort. But 97.1 and 1460's "live" coverage was Sportscenter recaps. Hello?!? And 610 will not let me listen overseas unless I have a miltary code. Geez - all I wanted to do was listen to the game. At least I got to see little%2

No comments: