01 February 2007

Is That Roast Beef?

This is probably a sure sign that I am going crazy. When I am in Edinburgh for school, I swear there is a roast beef smell near Haymarket train station. Tonight when I brought this up, Lissa claims it is the brewery nearby. Having lived near the Budweiser plant in Worthington, I know what beer smells like, and this is not it. It's not fowl and it does remind me of the meat smell on the Jorvik viking tour in York ... if you do not know what this is, come and visit me for pete's sake!

In school news, my political communication/public affairs lecturer claims I need to return to this sector. I didn't realize how much I missed it until we got into the subjects and lobbying today. Hello Washington (or London ... somebody please - hire me!).

Finally, on the 1810 (or the 6:10 p.m. train for the US) train home, I was cornered in my seat by two American girls. They were so loud and well, American. During one of the coversations I heard (it wasn't so much hearing as not being able to avoid), it was made apparent they went to the University of St. Andrews. When I told Lissa about their behavior she said this was just their behavior at St. Andrews. Sometimes when I sit on the train I wonder if I ever sounded like that. Frightening. I will just keep to books and/or newspaper or nap like the general population. Ta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are officially banned from ever using the term, "Ta," again! jeff.