30 January 2007

The Many Different Ways To Get To Scotland

Greetings from Scotland! I have just arrived into Edinburgh for a four-day class stint at QMU (not QMUC anymore, apparently they received the gift of university status over the holidays). Normally it would take around 2 1/2 hours to get here from York ... but not today. My first train (a Virgin train named Doctor Who - hee hee) could take me as far as Newcastle because of an earlier train fire. Then from Newcastle, I had to catch a train (the Bonnie Prince Charlie GNER train) that would take me only to Berwick-Upon-Tweed, due to a dry goods spill. From Berwick-Upon-Tweed it was a coach bus ride to Edinburgh Waverley. Even with all those stops, I was only an hour late. I am semi-impressed. What I am more intrigued by is the names of trains ... who knew.

In sporting news, Six Nations Rugby begins this week. One of the first matches - England v. Scotland on Satuday (which, of course, I will in class!). Check your satellite server for additional details ...

No comments: