21 March 2007

Mini-Break to London

So I am finally recapping our long weekend (including pictures!) to London for our housemates Leslie's 40th birthday. We took the train down on Saturday and munched on my homemade scones and mimosas the way down. Highlights to the weekend were:

  • Going back to the swanky hotel I stayed at in November, that due to an issue gave me an extreme upgrade and free drinks. Yes!
  • Going to Portabello Road to visit the infamous pashmina lady and on the way, seeing the BBC production of "Bargain Hunt" being filmed (I think it also makes an appearance on BBC America). Oh, and Katie's phone was stolen ... we think ... luckily she recovered a new SIM card and is back in business.
  • Expertly navigating the London Underground since they decided to do work on three (!) routes, including the two main tourist routes. What a mess!

  • Going to see "The Dumbwaiter" with Jason Isaacs (pictured above and of Harry Potter fame - read about him on IMBD.com) and Lee Evans and meeting them afterwards - so very nice - and then eating at a fantastic Thai restaurant.

  • Sunday, we saw the Hogarth exhibit at the Tate Museum and Becoming Jane at the Odeon. V. good. Had dinner in Chinatown - yummy!

  • Monday, we rode the slides at the Tate Modern (whee! and seen in a previous post), visited the original Twinings Tea Shop, Temple Church, the Knight Templar church, the Banqueting House, and saw the Horse Guard. Then Katie and Leslie went shopping for Doc Martins, while I met up with Lisa and Jon (my first Ohio visitors!) at the Founders Arms to drinks.

Then it was back home Monday night so I could leave Tuesday for school in Scotland. Ah, the life. Photos are posted to Yahoo! - Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see the phrase mini-break, I always think, 'This isn't just shagging, a mini-break means true love.' Heehee.