28 March 2007

Equestrian Update

For those of you unaware (or for those not remembering for one reason or another), I have been taking English riding lessons since February. I figured - hey, I'm in England, why not learn to ride English?

I usually get in about one lesson a week, unless I am at school. So far I have had three horses: Coco (slow and fat), Xando (a show horse), and today was Lysander (a temperamental boy). So far I've been able to canter and today we went over rails ... on the ground. Sighs of relief I'm sure for you safety-checkers!! Don't worry we wear helmets too!

All in all I am thoroughly enjoying getting out of town and into the stables. Plus I've got great new riding boots and a sign-up sheet for side-saddle lesson looming. One step closer to becoming a Lady!!

Curious side note from the moderator, no one commented on me going to a punk engagement party!!! Geez - what does it take to get a comment around here!!

No comments: