13 October 2006

The Other Side of the Train

Today I was able to load photos from my digital camera to my computer and thought I would post a photo I took from my GNER train ride from Edinburgh to York. The strange thing was that I spent the whole time in Scotland looking a shot to post here, but could never find anything that really conveyed "Scotland."

Turns out it took a train ride to find it. Right after the train leaves Edinburgh, it quickly turns to countryside. So naturally I looked out my window looking for the perfect shot to take, but couldn't find anything. Sadly I turned off my camera to rest, when I looked across the train to the other side and found these three shots. Isn't it always the case that when we are looking for something, the "perfect shot" is the opposite direction? Note to self: be sure to turn around when taking photos - the best shot may be behind you.

No comments: